GaGa is a very active and fast paced game that is perfect for all ages and ability levels. It’s similar to dodge ball but played in an octagon “pit” where players hit the ball at one another in an attempt to knock out opponents by hitting them below the knee. The game originated in Israel and has grown in popularity throughout the US and is commonly played at camps, schools, and playgrounds.
How to play:
There are several rules variations out there but, in general, this is how a game of GaGa is played.
- Players start with one hand touching the pit wall.
- A referee throws the ball into the center of the pit. Players chant “Ga!” on the first two bounces and “Go!” on the third bounce. The ball is now live and any player may hit the ball.
- Players hit the ball with an open or closed hand.
- If a player is hit below the knee (even if they hit themselves or from a rebound off the wall) they are out and step outside the pit. If a player is hit above the knee they are still in and play resumes.
- If a fly ball is caught, the player who hit the ball is out.
- If the ball is hit outside the pit, the last player to touch the ball is out.
- Players may not hold the ball.
- The last player standing wins that round.
Our GaGa pits are available in three sizes and include the borders and PVC coated stanchions. The stanchions can be premaritally anchored if desired, however, the materials for permanent mounting are not included. The pit is very easy to install and can be used indoors and outdoors. The panels are 4’ long and 28” high. This height is perfect for optimal rebound but also allows players to easily enter and exit the pit.